Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Mind Working Overtime!


It is almost midnight and my mind is working overtime. Paypal has been extremely frustrating. Four phone calls later and there hasn't been a resolution that has made me very happy. I will not give up.

I've opened my shop on Etsy and am very pleased with its appearance. I currently have 19 items listed and hope to continue to add more pieces each week. One of my birthday gifts from a friend was a book on marketing and selling handmade jewelry. It's been one great resource. The book is so right when it says 80% of your time will involve the business aspects. Right now it's feeling like 99%, rightly so as I'm in learning mode.

I've also learned so much from the other creative artists on Etsy. They've given me support without knowing it. Many of the female artists are women with young children. I'm in awe that they can juggle all of this. My youngest just left home so once I come home from work I have time to myself to devote to my passion. Although I would love to have more time.

This is a piece I made that is one of my favorites.

1 comment:

Marianne said...

Love the new pieces!