Thursday, July 9, 2009

Sorry PayPal

I was able to resolve the PayPal issue. I called customer service during the day. Don't call at night because a live person never answers and it doesn't matter how long you hold. I was able to talk to a friendly customer service person unfortunately she seemed to think she was giving me new suggestions on how to use PayPal so my credit card would be used rather than my bank account. I repeated back to her that I had tried all those things she suggested. She left the line came back on and proceeded to instruct me further. I let her know I also did those things. This happened one more time and when she came back on the line and I expressed that yes, I did that too; she finally said I'll get a supervisor. To her credit her demeanor never waned She remained friendly and polite. I tried to do the same but after the 3rd or 4th time I'm sure my tone changed a bit.

The supervisor greeted me and without my having to say a word she told me exactly what the problem was. She obviously had better access to my PayPal account then the first person. Basically, my bank was not allowing PayPal to gain access to my credit card.

I'm sorry PayPal you like me - my bank, however, doesn't! :-)

No comments: